Monday, June 24, 2019

Week 49

Hello everyone! 

Not too much time to write, we just have too many fun things to do on this Pday...(aka sleeping and buying cool pens). But anyways, this week was good! 

The theme of this week was Charity, so obviously you can't beat that.
I was asked to give a training on Charity and what that means and I was given some cool experiences this week to go along with it.
  
One of them was when we taught one our friends, she is very smart and is a deep thinker, and we have taught her quite a bit but it's hard for her to connect the things we are teaching to the truth. But we gave her a BOM challenge and she ended up reading the end of Moroni 7, which talks about charity, the pure love of Christ. She told us how she believes that it's the most valuable thing we can obtain and she wanted to know how to become a charitable person (she's so cool).  We talked about the power of Christ's atonement which eventually leads to God's love for us. I shared an experience of when I truly found out for myself God's love for me, and you could tell it really impacted her. The whole conversation was just filled with the spirit. We asked her what she thought and she said something like, "I think I've realized that the most important answer anyone can find out for themselves is whether or not God loves them." I asked her if she wanted to know that for herself and she said she did. I promised her that God does love her and if she asks him, she will receive that answer she is searching for.   After that lesson, I just realized the power of Charity and how it really is so important that we know that God loves us. If he didn't, well nothing else would even matter. 

This week we tried sharing that love and brought flowers to people that we thought would need a pick me up, even though it was so simple, it seemed to be something they all needed. 
Henry B. Eyring once said, 
"Brothers and sisters, the Lord has opportunities near you to feel and to share His love. You can pray with confidence for the Lord to lead you to love someone for Him. He answers the prayers of meek volunteers like you. You will feel the love of God for you and for the person you serve for Him. As you help children of God in their troubles, your own troubles will seem lighter. Your faith and your hope will be strengthened." 

I know when we strive to share Christ's and God's love to others, we will feel that love as well. I'm so grateful to represent my Savior and serve the Japanese people every day! Even though most of you who read this email don't have a missionary badge on, we can all still represent our Savior and continue to share his love. I know if you do that, you can draw closer to the Savior more than you can imagine. 

Moroni 7-
46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever, and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. 

Have a great week everyone! 
Love, Christensen 姉妹


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.