We are super busy out here in 河内長野市 and it has been so fun being with Johnson 姉妹!
Some highlights,
We went to an event for mission prep, it was a multi-stake activity where we paired up with one of the youth and went out finding, and visiting people for the day! It was super fun and I was paired with the cutest girl ever. We did some training and then went out proselyting for a couple of hours. We didn't find a whole lot of people but we were able to still testify about our Savior and I was able to share some cool experiences from my mission! I also found out she was fluent in English by the end of the day, so that was a fun surprise haha. But for the activity they planned us going out from 1-00-3:30, we were all a little worried because it was pouring rain, but for just those 2 1/2 hours it was perfect weather (coincidence I think not). But it was a great experience and it made me so grateful to be a missionary, I just wanted to convince everyone there to go!
Also, I got to see my sweetest friend Macaspac 姉妹, who I roomed with in Abeno. It was the greatest reunion, you make the best friends on the mission! On the way home me and Johnson 姉妹 got lost on the trains like 4 times, idk why we just lost all sense of direction. But we were able to meet some really cool people on the way back, I'm grateful God can make miracles from my weaknesses!
Funny moments of this week:
We called some people in our area book, to see if we could find some people to teach, this one lady answered and she was quite interesting. She was so excited to hear from us and then told us that it was her birthday last month. I told her congrats andthen she's like, "yeah, so can you buy me some shoes? I found some really cute ones at the mall and I really want them. So I thought you could get them for my birthday" I literally had no idea what to say, I was just like, uhh how much are they? And then she told me they were only 70 dollars, and she would pick them out and everything for us, we just needed to pay for them...I was tempted to tell her, sorry but I have no idea who you are. But I don't think that's very Christ-like. Haha, I told her I think we probably should meet and get to know each other before I buy her shoes lol. We have an appointment with her today so we will see how that goes.
Another fun moment, we were teaching one of our people and I just wanted him to feel the spirit so bad. We shared the Because of Him video and I asked him what he thought or felt. He said he didn't know that Jesus was a Carpenter. I then asked him if he felt anything and he said, I felt surprised that he was a carpenter...I love teaching teenage boys.
As for the spiritual thought, I just wanted to share a scripture and add some of my own words in it, (which I love doing).
1 Nephi 13
"And I will also be your light in [ your life]; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised [blessings]; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led."
I loved this scripture. It's simple but I know that when we follow the commandments, whether it's guidance we receive from God, prayer, the law of tithing, the prophets words or anything, we will be guided by our Savior and he will be our light.
That's about it for this week,
LOVE, Christensen 姉妹
Me and my cute little friend
Macaspac 姉妹!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.