Wow, what a week. A lot of unexpected turns but also so many miracles, just like every other week as a missionary. Haha
Some highlights from this week.
I got a random message from a girl, who I kind of taught in Abeno, we couldn't meet often because she lived pretty far away and was always busy. But she randomly messaged me and asked if I could meet. I told her that I actually was transferred into a new area, long story short she happens to be living in my new area! Like what are the odds that would happen (this must be the Lord's work or something). But because she is in our area, we were able to meet with her and start teaching her, so that was great!
On Thursday, I went on a companion exchange with my soul sister, Isom 姉妹 (my trainer). And it was SO fun, it was just like old times so of course, we saw a lot of miracles together. One in particular was we went out finding for a little bit and felt like we should visit this random members house. We ping-ponged, and she let us right in. We thought she was an active member because she was so excited to see us. She even made us lunch, showed us pictures, and we shared some scriptures together, so basically a great visit. We exchanged contact info with her and she said it was okay if we continue to send her scriptures and things like that. Turns out she is a Less-active who the missionaries and members have been trying to get a hold of for a long time, she's never home, and will never make appointments because she is so busy. So it was such a miracle, it seemed like she really appreciated our visit, so it was definitely the spirit that guided us there! Isom 姉妹 and I ended up having to run to the church from her house because of how long the visit was, but it was worth it! Haha
Some other honorable mentions:
We went and got conveyer belt sushi twice this week, woot woot!
I've had some weird eye problems lately so I had to wear some sunglasses for a day. But the only ones that we could find in the apartment were these massive red heart-shaped ones, so during district meeting, while we were proselyting, and eating dinner, I had to wear these dumb glasses, lol. Don't worry I'll provide a picture.
Alma 18: 35 And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge, and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God.
This week I learned more about how the Spirit works. There have been many times where I will look back on something that happened that day and realize the thoughts that I had was the spirit guiding me. During the time, I just thought they were my natural thoughts, I was just following my first impression, not even realizing I was being guided by the spirit. The holy ghost is a still small voice, but if we are faithful, and doing the things we need to the spirit can actually "dwell" in us. Following the spirit can become part of our everyday thoughts and actions. I challenge everyone to think about what you can improve on that the spirit can dwell in you. Having the gift of the holy ghost is such a blessing, I know it can guide us in the direction we need to be going in. :)
Have a great week everyone!
Love, クリステンセン姉妹
Isom Shimai
Community Service
Yoshikawa 姉妹
Yakiniku Party
Miyamoto Shimai
Akari ちゃん
Miyamoto 姉妹 and Ma ちゃん











No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.