みなさんこんにちは!(Hello Everyone)
I don't know how to start these things. But this week I'm just going to share a story and a couple of random things.
One of the highlights was actually last Wednesday after P day. We had our first Skype TRC, which is when you Skype someone from Japan and teach them for 30 minutes. I was so nervous when I found out earlier that week. First, because they talk much faster and I'm used to an American person speaking Japanese, so I was scared I wouldn't be able to understand. Also, we are used to only having to teach 20 minutes. Anyways all through p day and during the temple, I was just praying that I would be comforted, and would be able to teach our message.
We ended up teaching the cutest lady. She talked a little bit slower for us and helped us if we were struggling with a word, which is helpful haha. She lives in 名古屋 and has four kids, two of which went on missions in other areas of Japan. After getting to know her for the first 10 minutes, we taught our lesson on faith and overcoming trials. I decided to share my experience with the mission. I would never call my mission a trial, because it's the biggest blessing in my life and I love it, but it can be a challenge. Basically, I just said that sometimes missions are difficult, especially when trying to learn and understand Japanese. And even though it's so easy to have doubts, I have to move forward with faith. And if we move forward with faith, Heavenly Father will help us. That through Jesus Christ we can overcome anything. I then explained how whenever I have faith and pray for comfort, I always receive it. Then I just said how grateful I am for my mission, that these experiences have strengthened my testimony and relationship with God.
Sharing this experience was the coolest thing, for a couple of reasons. First, even though it was a simple experience, I was able to express my feelings and this story without any resources. Second, she was able to understand me. Third, the spirit was there, probably one of the strongest times during a lesson. And fourth, not only did she need to hear my story but hearing myself say it was the most reassuring thing ever. I realized everything I was saying was so true, and how important it is. I love my mission so so much, and I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father is helping me every step of the way. And everything I've struggled with has been for a reason.
After teaching for a while, we ended with our testimonies. I know how to share my testimony but this time it was different. I usually say the same type of things, but while I was speaking all these other thoughts came into my mind that I wanted to share, and I remembered how to say it in Japanese! It was awesome, my testimony ended up being a few minutes longer because all these things just kept coming up. The spirit was so strong. It made me so excited to go to Japan and teach people and meet people like this sweet lady.
After our lesson ended, Upchurch しまい turned to me with the biggest smile on her face and said, "どうりよ, how did you get the gift of tongues!?". Haha, it was the funniest thing ever. She just kept talking about it, it was hilarious. But it did make me realize how cool the experience was, that I was able to somewhat just speak my mind.
Sometimes we think the gift of tongues has to be some crazy experience, where you randomly start speaking the language, which can happen occasionally. However, I learned that gift of tongues can be as simple as easily remembering the grammar or words that I have learned. Or finding different ways to share a message when you are limited with the language. It made me so happy, and it gave me hope that I will get this language down eventually. I know I have such a long ways to go, and I have a lot left to learn. But teaching this gospel and being a missionary is the greatest thing ever and that's what makes it worth it.
I hope everyone knows how much they are loved! There is a Heavenly Father who loves you more than you can imagine and knows you perfectly. How cool is that!? No matter what you're going through, you're not alone! Through Christ's atonement, we can endure anything. Heavenly Father didn't send us here to fail, trust in him. There's a little sample of my testimony for you all. ❤
Hope everyone has a good week. :)
クリステンセンしまい (Christensen Shimai)
Sorry I only have one pic for this week, which is us eating Chick-fil-a. Lol, but it was a special moment for sure haha. I may have shed a tear or two
Picture of the district by Johnson 姉妹




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.