Can I get a hallelujah and an amen, because I leave for 日本語 this Sunday!!! Whoot.
Unfortunately, I don't have a ton of time to write because I have to pack, so I'll just share a couple of thoughts.
On Tuesday we had our Tuesday night devotional, which is always good. The speaker was Robert C. Gay from the seventy. One of the lines he said that I loved was, "you can either live by covenant or by convenience." Kinda like the harder right and easier wrong concept. There will always be something going in our lives that Satan can use to tempt us to choose the convenient route. Whether it's "oh I'm too busy to read my scriptures, or I'm too exhausted to pray, or I'm too stressed with my own problems to help someone else." Everyone has weaknesses, we are all human, in fact, God wants us to see our weaknesses (Jacob 4:7). What it comes down to is how we react to those weaknesses. Will we let the adversary use those weaknesses to tear us down, to have us eventually give up because it's easier? Or will we allow it to humble us, and see it as a chance to turn to the Lord and allow him to strengthen us (Ether 12:27).
I've definitely seen some of my weaknesses, and Satan has definitely used them to try to tempt me. But I testify that we can always find help and strength through Jesus Christ. When I get to Japan and won't be able to understand the language or am missing my home, or feel like I don't have the energy, I want my immediate reaction to be to turn to the Lord for help. When Joseph Smith was in the sacred grove, he was overcome by Satan's power, the person he cried out for help for was God's help. Sometimes when we are going through challenges or are experiencing doubt, we turn away from who can help us the most, our Savior! We should all be like Joseph Smith, even as a 14-year-old boy, he knew God could save him. He's always there, just have faith.
I love this gospel so much, I've learned and felt so much. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over me and is helping me every step of the way. I've been blessed with the best district, companion, language, and MISSION! I cannot wait to tell the Japanese people about our loving Savior, Jesus Christ. He lives. And we can find everything we need to have a joyful life through his gospel.
I love you all.
クリスチンセンしまい
FAMILY LETTER:
Hello Family,
This week has been really interesting, I'll tell you guys all about it. For my group email, I'm just sharing my testimony a lil bit because that's all I felt like I needed to share.
But anyways, you guys I leave for Japan sooooo soon, I can't believe it. Idk what to expect which is nerve-racking but I am so pumped. I honestly feel like I'm going to the coolest place ever, and I haven't even been there yet. So blessed.
This week has been pretty good though, I can see why everyone says they kinda go crazy by the end of the 9 weeks, you kinda have to make your own fun. My district is so close now, it's insane, and we just laugh all the time over the dumbest things. We have this group google drive where we have the most random pictures. It's pretty hilarious, maybe I'll send you some pics from it. You probably won't think it's humorous though because you don't know the context but oh well. haha I love all of them though, I've already cried like 10 times, knowing I have to say goodbye soon. I feel so blessed, they each have touched my life and have strengthened my testimony.
Thursday- My doryo was sick on Thursday, she was so sweet and went to class, so I wouldn't miss anything even though she wasn't feeling good. We had to teach a lesson that night and I could tell she was so stressed. I was trying hard not to get discouraged because we had a lot to do that day. But I knew that she needed more help with some other things, so I took her portion of the lesson and translated it into Japanese for her. When she realized what I did, she just burst into tears (tears of happiness). She just said that she was so grateful for me and how patient I am with her. And how much she's going to miss me. It was the sweetest thing, and I felt so good afterwards. I don't tell you this story to get praise. But if you are ever discouraged with something or someone, serve them. The rest of the day was so much better. I love my companion, she's amazing, but things just work out so much better and I love her so much more when I forget my needs and help her.
Saturday- so today was pretty rough, one of the shimais who I truly love was told she was going home. It was a really hard situation because I'm glad that's what they decided for her, but it broke my heart having her leave and knowing she was going through that. Missions are hard, and I have so much respect for her. It taught me that we really have no idea what people are going through, so we need to show love to everyone we know. She really touched so many lives at the MTC, including mine and I know that was her mission. She's amazing, I already miss her so much.
On Monday we said goodbye to her, she seemed so happy which was good, I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for her, but keep her in your prayers if you can.
So as of Monday, I'm in a trio now, with Blaser shimai and Upchurch shimai. It's a different dynamic but it's been fun, we are all close so it's been good. We had to switch rooms even though we are packing haha so that's been a little crazy.
matching dresses
District playing volleyball in Japan shirts
Temple with district and two teachers
Donuts for one of the Elders birthdays
District with our teacher, Kidd 姉妹
Upchurch 姉妹and Blaser 姉妹 - New Trio
Our other teacher, Pettit 兄弟
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.