Hello everyone!
This week was so good! I just love being a missionary.
Some good things from this week:
We've been meeting with one of our friends who has been doing really good. We taught him the plan of salvation this week, and they were such powerful lessons, the spirit was so strong and everyone could feel it. He even understood the Atonement and the Fall so well, which is so crazy because I still get confused sometimes. Haha But I think the reason why he is understanding so fast and easily is that he is so interested and so willing to learn. I truly believe that the greater our desires and willingness to follow, the greater the confirmation from the spirit, and understanding will come.
But anyway, I just felt so much joy this week teaching. Just to see the people I was teaching begin to understand and apply the gospel was the best thing ever. I couldn't stop smiling, their examples are honestly teaching me.
This week we had a training with all the Trainers and Trainees. It was SO fun, and it made me so grateful for my amazing companion, she's the best! Sadly, I had to say goodbye to some eternal friends this week, I'll send pics, but I'm so grateful for all the amazing missionaries in this mission. They've changed my life!
One miracle this week:
We had one appointment fall through and it was night so we just did some housing. We were knocking and no one was even talking to us. Let's just say it was really cold, we hadn't eaten dinner, and I wasn't exactly the most stoked to be there. But we got to this one door, and before we knocked my companion was like, next one is a 金人 (golden person), I then realized my faith was low and was focussing on myself. Thanks to my loving companion, my faith was lifted and I became excited to knock on this person's door. It ended up being the cutest lady ever, we talked to her for like 20 minutes. Explained who we were, talked about Christmas, gave her a book of Mormon and exchanged contact information! The best thing was it was just a fun conversation and it felt like just talking to a friend about the things that matter to us! So that was great.
Funny things this week:
We taught this one guy who believes in Reincarnation (normal thing here) but anyway he told me that I had to be Japanese in a previous life, which is why I was able to learn Japanese so fast haha, ちょっと違う。。。
This member told me I looked like this Japanese celebrity, which is probably the best compliment ever, life goal complete. Basically, can I just become 日本人(Japanese)?I love these people!
Here's a good Christmas scripture for you all,
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
I'm so grateful for my Savior and all he does for me.
Let's share that joy and peace he gives us, and those around us!
愛しています!
クリステンセン姉妹
Johnson Shimai
Berlowitz 姉妹



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.