Monday, November 25, 2019

Week 71

Idk why I procrastinate this until the end of the day BUT
I have pics and funny quotes and a spiritual thought still so yay. 

This week was good, we traveled four of the days, so pretty dang exhausted. 
We were able to meet with some of our people this week. I've come to realize again how important it is for them to not only understand our message but apply it. Because that's when understanding, the spirit, and conversion comes in. it's so funny when they tell us they have a hard time believing, but they haven't asked God for themselves or have tried the application part. I feel like there were times in my life too where I felt like I wasn't feeling the spirit or God's presence as much as I wanted to. Now looking back I notice I wasn't creating those spiritual experiences for myself. I promise if we do our part, then God will always fulfill his promise and answer us.   With that being said, it's always been fun seeing the change in the people we are teaching as they sincerely apply Christ's Gospel. 

Funny things from this week, 
We had so many bananas it was ridiculous so we made banana bread for a lot of members. I asked my companion to try some to test it out,(thinking she would take a little a slice or something) nope. She just picked it up and took a huge bite out of the cake lol. I was dying. And so was she once she realized what she did lol. I took a picture.
"Are you ctr certified?" -one of the elders when he meant to say "CPR"
I went to 姫路 castle again that was fun. I'll send pics. 

Okay, spiritual goodness, 
One of my favorite scriptures is 
Alma 37: 36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

Something that I've grown to learn is counseling with God in all things. Not just the things I'm struggling with, need help in or have questions about. But in my successes, my daily decisions, and even things that I know I will be able to do on my own. It helps our daily lives turn into something for him, and he will, "direct us for good." 

I also challenge everyone to pray to Him about the things you are grateful for (especially with Thanksgiving coming up). We do that so often but I don't think we could ever thank God enough for all the loving things he's done for us! We are blessed more than we can imagine. 
Alma 26: 2 And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?
I'm grateful to be the Lord's servant here in Japan! Despite all my weaknesses, incapabilities, and struggles, he is patient with me and strengthens me every day! 
Love you all!


















Himeji with Eri 姉妹
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.