I can't believe another week has gone by, time is weird!
One of our friends who is preparing for baptism has been trying to follow the word of wisdom and he has just taught me so much about submitting to the Lord and relying on him! We read Enos 1 together, which is Enos becoming humble and repenting through his faith. After reading our friend told us he has felt a change in his life and heart through learning about Jesus Christ, just like Enos, and how he's so grateful for repentance. I wish we could all see repentance has a beautiful gift rather than a punishment, like he does! His ending prayer was the cutest thing. He told his Heavenly Father how he wants to change, and that he makes mistakes, is imperfect and that he's sorry. It just reminded of me when Christ said to the Nephites, "whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God."
Some funny things from this week:
We went to go visit this lady whose house is a gathering place for mosquitos, cats, and spiders, it's fantastic, so we decided to wear our カッパ (rain suits) for protection, it was a little awkward because it wasn't even close to raining but she was old so I don't think she noticed....haha. but we took pictures because we looked dang good.
A member bought us Costco salsa and muffins, so we've reached the promised land.
That's about it for this week but here's some spiritual goodness.
This week I was reading in 3rd Nephi when Christ is praying for and teaching the Nephites, and I liked how it described their experience.3 Nephi 19:
33 And the multitude did hear and do bear record; and their HEARTS were open and they did understand in their HEARTS the words which he prayed.
34 Nevertheless, so great and marvelous were the words which he prayed that they cannot be written, neither can they be uttered by man.
I think too many times we seek for understanding by only our own senses or knowledge, but forget that we must have an open heart to understand. The holy ghost speaks touches our mind and our heart. (D&C 8:2)
There have also been times where I can't describe the experiences that I've had, they can't be well "written or uttered" but I can feel it in my heart to be true.
I know that if we open our hearts and have faith that we can understand things that are difficult to believe!
Proverbs 3:
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Hope you guys liked something from this email sorry they are always all over the place.
Love you all!
Favorite pic
Do Lan Huong 姉妹 (フォン)
Kanno 姉妹







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.