Hello everyone! Sorry, it's been a hot minute. Time just goes soo quickly and I don't even know what to write about! This week we were able to meet with most of our people and visit with a lot of members, which was great!
Some funny things from this week, (needed background info). As missionaries, we are not allowed to be alone with the opposite sex or be alone with children, for safety purposes. Anyways, one of our appointments had to be canceled because we didn't have another girl to come with us to one of our investigator's homes. I sadly called him and explained why we couldn't come, but rescheduled for the next day. At that appointment we asked him if he had any questions for us (referring to the things we had just taught) and he said, I am really confused about your church culture. I asked him what he meant. And he said, so I am not allowed to hang out with anyone unless there are at least 3 girls or 2 boys? We were so confused about what he was saying. We then all got it and started laughing and told him that was only for missionaries, and that he could still hang out with girls or guys alone lol. So that was awkward.
Another lesson, we asked one of our friends how the BOM reading was going. They got all hesitant, saying they had only read a little bit every day. I told him that was totally okay, and asked him where he was. He was like, I am only in Enos...... We were like, what?! That's so amazing. (because it is). And he was all surprised, he was like, but I still have to read Alma, have you seen how big that book is? haha it was pretty awesome.
On Saturday we went on a comp exchange up into this super countryside area, it was so pretty with the mountains and rice fields. Anyways, we met some members and taught them the Plan of Salvation, so we could practice our Japanese. They were the cutest old couple ever and just kept telling us how much they loved the Plan of Salvation and couldn't wait to hang out with us in the Celestial Kingdom when we all look young and beautiful together. It was so cute.
One of my favorite scriptures about the Plan of Salvation is Alma 24:14,
And the great God has had mercy on us, and made these things known unto us... because he loveth our souls as well as he loveth our children; therefore, in his mercy he doth visit us by his angels, that the plan of salvation might be made known unto us as well as unto future generations.
I know the Plan of Salvation really is the Plan of Happiness. When we understand Gods perfect plan, we realize His love and Jesus Christs importance in our lives!
Have a good week everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.