Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Week 33

This week was so much fun, a lot of new experiences. 

For example, we wore PANTS, I told myself I would never wear pants unless I had to. But after riding a bike in pants and no a skirt....lets just say I'm converted haha. And plus it freaks the Elders out, so that's always a plus. 

I had MEXICAN FOOD, like tortillas and salsa and even sour cream!!! It was the most glorious thing ever, a sweet member, Mizuho San, took us there and stuffed us until we were so full, so blessed. Haha 

We had an appointment with someone and she made us stay in her げんかん, like her little entryway. She told us to wait while she grabbed something...we stood there for a solid 45 MINUTES with her stupid dog barking at us, and then we didn't even have the chance to teach her, so that was interesting. 

A member bought us mini camp chairs and marshmallows for some reason, haha. So we had a little camp out in our kitchen with the gas stove. 

Now for the spiritual stuff (the good stuff), one of our special friends is getting baptized!!!!! I'm seriously so excited for her, her husband is already a member, and it's been so fun to teach her with him. We taught the last lesson, which is temples, and they are preparing to go to the temple together! I can't tell you how much happiness is felt, helping people prepare for baptism and going to the temple! She is a literal angel, I'm pretty sure she would go straight to Celestial Glory without baptism. Haha but her baptism is this Sunday, which is three days after transfers....I'm just praying I'll be able to go. But either way, I'm just so excited for her and know this will bless her life so much.

This week I was reading in 2 Nephi 2, which talks about agency and I found this quote that went with it by Howard W. Hunter, " He [God] wants to help us and pleads for the chance to assist us, but he will not do so in violation of our agency. He loves us too much to do that, and doing so would run counter to his divine character”.  Imagine a friend or family member who you truly love, and you knew exactly how to help them, you know what would make them happy, and what choices they should make. However, you can't help them without them asking for your help or guidance. Wouldn't that be so heartbreaking to watch them experience sadness and hardships when you know you could help them?  


The same is with our Heavenly Father and he loves us more than we could possibly imagine. He desperately wishes to assist us in this life, but we have to choose for ourselves to seek his guidance and for him to be a part of our everyday lives.  

I promise that if we focus our lives on Christ and continue to turn to our Heavenly Father, he will lead us to greater and higher places.  I Nephi 1:17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.

That's about it for this week, keep being amazing. 
- クリステンセン姉妹



Pants!





Roasting Marshmallows


 Homemade Okonomiyaki




FHE with Genki Kun, Leo, Reiko San, and Teraoka Shimai

Honee Shimai






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.