Sunday, January 27, 2019

Week 28

Hello everyone,

We had transfers this week, and I am staying in Abeno, yay! I feel like I have just been called to serve here and will stay here forever, haha which is okay because Abeno is the best!
 
I do have a new companion though! Her name is Griswold Shimai, she is from Idaho and she's super cute. We get along super well, I have just always been blessed with amazing companions. ;) 

This week was just kind of weird with transfers and everything, but I wanted to share some great experiences from this week! 

We were teaching one of our investigators today about the Restoration, we explained dispensations and Joseph Smith and all of these great things. She seemed to understand everything which was great, we asked her if she had any questions. And she was saying how everything makes sense, but when it comes to Joseph Smith, its hard to believe that he actually had those experiences (coming from someone who has no Christian background, it's understandable) So we decided to read the last two paragraphs of the Book of Mormon Introduction together, which basically summarizes Moroni's promise and how through the BOM we can know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. We read it together, and right after we finished, she just got this look on her face. She told us that while we were reading she had this peaceful and good feeling that she could know for herself that this was true. We literally witnessed the spirit working within her, it was so cool. We explained to her that that was the spirit and that's how God answers our prayers. She thought that was the coolest thing (probably because it is haha). As a missionary I've just learned how important the power of the spirit really is, without it, our message would just be a nice thing to live by, not counsel and guidance from God! 

That's about it for this week, love you all! 

Favorite scripture of the week, 
 2 Nephi 27: 23 For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.

GOD IS GOOD, MIRACLES ARE REAL, and I LOVE JAPAN!

Love, クリステンセン姉妹

Us with Noe and Kana - a drawing we drew of the four of us

My District- Fonnesbeck 長老, Baldridge 長老, Emerson 長老, Glather 長老, McCuen 姉妹, Me, Grover姉妹, Johnson 姉妹


Tenpura and Soba

Our companion theme was "God is Good" we would always sing the Nashville Tribute Band song




One of our English Class Students

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.