Monday, October 29, 2018

Week 15

Wow, this week was crazyyyy. We were so busy with a lot of appointments and events and visits and anything you could think of. 

We had our Halloween party on Saturday which was so much fun. Japanese people go all out and it is the greatest thing ever. All of us missionaries dressed up as Harry Potter characters which was fun, I was Luna, I have no idea who that is because I haven't seen Harry Potter. But with the blonde hair and crazy outfits, it seemed to work haha. We were able to meet a lot of new people though and find some potential Investigators, so that was awesome.

One thing that I have really learned this week is finding joy in the journey. Sometimes I think if I am struggling or am feeling down, I am not good enough or am a bad missionary. But I have learned that no matter what you are going through, you can always feel joy. There was one day in particular where my companion and I were really struggling. We are both super young (mission wise), and we had a lot to do that day, and we had no time to study or prepare as much as we were hoping. My companion said something to me that totally changed my perspective. She said, I have been told my whole life that Heavenly Father wouldn't give me something I couldn't handle, but that isn't true. Heavenly Father will give us trials or challenges that we can not do by ourselves, but it can always be possible through the Savior and his Atonement. I loved that so much, Ether 12:27, has been my favorite scripture for as long as I can remember, and I now understand more than ever. Sometimes it is so hard to think that I am adequate for what I am asked to do, but I wouldn't learn anything if I was always capable. I have really learned to just try as hard as I can and give the rest to my Savior, and it is incredible how much better things work out when I rely on his help. Even though I had no time to study for those lessons, I participated more than I ever had before, and was able to communicate better. I seriously am so grateful for all the good and hard things about a mission, it may be hard in the moment, but it will always be for our good. 

Another highlight for this weekend was when we visited a woman named いしづか姉妹, she lives in a rest home and is 95 years old. She had no idea who we were because her memory is really bad, but I have never seen someone so excited to meet us. She was the cutest lady ever. She kept asking who we were throughout the visit it was hilarious. But we showed her the Because of Him video and she loved it. She doesn't remember anything from the lessons she took a long time ago. But after the video, she told us, that she didn't really know anything about Jesus but she was able to understand that video and feel something. We gave her a cute picture of Christ and she had us sign our names. She just kept thanking us for coming to visit her, I just had such a love for her, I can't even explain. I know that when we serve others we can see people as how Heavenly Father sees us and it is the coolest thing ever! Also, she would not let us sit on the ground. She would not talk to us until we sat on her bed and she sat on the bed rail! I was worried she would need another surgery or something, sitting like that. We tried to convince her to sit on the bed but she refused. Japanese people are so stubborn and loving, I love it. haha 

That is about it for this week, transfers are this Tuesday so we will see how that goes! I really hope I stay with my area and companion, but I know Heavenly Father will send me where is best. :) 
Love you all, hope you have a good week! 


woman named いしづか姉妹, she lives in a rest home and is 95 years old
Reiko San, Genki Kun and Leo Kun

Halloween
Harry Potter

Halloween is an American holiday, so we had an "American" meal.




Abeno Ward Missionaries (we were the only ward with six missionaries in one area, the usual is two) - Isom 姉妹, Christensen 姉妹, Grover 姉妹, Macaspac 姉妹, Nishimiya 長老, Konishi 長老

Day in Nanba 


Hirata 姉妹 - Ward Mission Leader











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.