Hello everyone! Another crazy, fun, happy, hard, and amazing week has gone by. I honestly don't have too much to write about so I apologize.
This week we really tried on strengthening the members of our ward and helping people come back to church. It has been a really cool experience. I used to think that all missionaries did was teach lessons, but it really is about showing love and serving those around you. Whether it is out street contacting, investigators, or members. So that has been really fun.
On Thursday I did a companion swap and was with Johnson Shimai for a day, it was a little throwback to the MTC days. We went out and did sign dendo to teach people about our English Classes. We ended up talking to this one guy for like 30 minutes, who was from the states. He had obviously pondered a lot about religion and had some really deep questions. We gave him the Book of Mormon, and hopefully, we can meet him again. One thing I could tell he really struggled with was having faith. He wanted all the answers, now. It made me really think about how important faith is, and why it is the first step in everything. We don't know everything in this life, that would completely defeat the purpose of us coming here in the first place. We have to act in faith, and trust in the Lord. But of course, Heavenly Father isn't going to let us walk blind all of our lives, and be filled with confusion. If we have faith and act on what we know is right, then we will be guided throughout our lives. And we will gain knowledge through every experience and test we go through. No, we will not receive all the answers, but we will always be given what we need at that time.
I just feel so blessed to be here in Japan, yes there are struggles, but I know that there is a reason for them and it is making me stronger. Japan really is the coolest place, and I just am so glad that Heavenly Father wanted me to serve these people! That is about it for this week!
I hope everyone is doing good.
LOVE YOU ALL
クリステンセ姉妹
Ellie's Grandma Margaret has a friend, Sumiko Monson, from Japan. She knows Johson Shimai and sent this letter to her.
Hi Margaret! How are you?I just wanted to share the part of email Sister Johnson (missionary from Osaka) wrote. Have a nice day! SumikoWe had a companion exchange, and it was me and Christensen Shimai (a fellow Bean and my old Roommate), and it was certainly an exercise of getting lost. Like really, horribly lost. Turns out, reading maps is not one of my strengths. But Christensen Shimai (who is not from Hirakata, mind you), eventually took over and we got where we needed to go. But, that day, we met this guy named Rikito. Fluent in English - actually, half Japanese. He had a lot of things to say, and a lot of questions to ask.If you want to know the kind of guy he was, he said that his Holy Trinity was Mr. Rogers, Bob Ross, and Steve Irwin. So, pretty much the chillest guy you'll ever meet. And a guy who had studied religion extensively. We talked for a long time about religion and about faith. About the nature of God and the nature of Man. He seems like a guy pretty set in his truths, but he was so curious and respectful and I'm glad for the opportunity to have met him. From him I really grew hope in the goodness of people - the ability for all people to have the light of Christ.
Picture- Johnson 姉妹, Aggot 姉妹, Christensen 姉妹, Isom 姉妹
We did a koukon which is when you switch companions/areas for a day. We went to Hirakata which was fun. I got to be with Johnson 姉妹 from the MTC.
Ramen shop
Isom 姉妹 flew off her bike, it was the saddest but funniest thing ever
This is a building we pass a lot
This is a shotengai which is like an indoor mall kinda, we walk through every day. All those garages are shops.
Here is our receipt for food.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.