How do you even start such an email?
皆さん、こんにちは。 Merry Christmas.
How lucky I am to spend the last week of my mission, during the best week of the year!
I wish I could write everything but...
First things first, Transfers!
So, because I'm leaving in the middle of the transfer, we were made into a 3人! My new companion is Turner姉妹, she is from American Fork, and she is so cute! We all have been having the best time, we already bought matching jackets, so we are living the life. I kind of feel like a mom with my two cute kids haha.
So, this week was Christmas Sunday and we wanted to make it really special. We each played a song on the piano and one of the members sang, "what child is this" and "peace in christ" in opera. It was amazing! The spirit was so strong. PLUS we had four people come to church and a couple of returning members as well! It was such a 奇跡(miracle)!
*side note, I went to play my piece and got sooooo nervous it was insane. I totally messed up 100X and replayed it again, still messing up. I definitely cried after that, but it's okay because 4 people came to church! And all the members were so sweet, and still proud of me.
This week there was a huge festival in our area, it was a celebration of a famous Samarai death day. But it was a great way to try bringing people to the church because it was right in the area!
Us and all the ward members wore Santa hats, and in front of the church, we caroled, showed people the Light the World campaign, handed out BOM as presents, and just got to share our joyful message! It was so cool watching everyone gather to hear us sing, you could tell they felt something different and special. We were able to find a couple of new friends to teach from it so it was awesome! Also, the festival had the famous oysters, and they were SO good, oh my goodness I'm obsessed.
But one of the things about Christmas in Japan is no one even knows why we celebrate Christmas. Or what the actual meaning is, so sad! But it gives us the coolest opportunity to testify of Christ life and birth! We were talking to this one girl about Christmas, and she was so shocked when she found out it was about Christ. She was like, why aren't there any pictures of Christ during Christmas then? It made me kind of laugh but then realize, that is so true! We need more Christ, in Christmas. So, I challenge everyone to look at their Christmas decorations this year and ask if they remind you of Jesus Christ!
I hope everyone has an amazing Christmas and finds opportunities to lift those around us like the Savior would!
This week I was reading the account of the first vision when Joseph related his experience to the Apostle Paul, who had also seen a vision and went on believing, regardless of the persecution and adversary he faced. He said,
JSH 1 (24&25) "He (Paul) saw a light and heard a voice, but still there were but few who believed him; some said he was dishonest, others said he was mad, and he was ridiculed and reviled. But all this did not destroy the reality of his vision. He had seen a vision, he knew he had....and all the world could not make him think or believe otherwise. So it was with me...For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it."
Reading this account made me think about all the "light" and truth I have received on my mission. And yes I have been told it's not true, laughed at, and my testimony and faith have been tried. But regardless of all the opposing influences, it doesn't "destroy the reality" of what I've experienced or what I know to be true. I may have not seen God like Joseph Smith and Paul, but I know that he is real. He is my loving Heavenly Father and he sent his son so that I can live with him again. I know Jesus Christ lives. And I don't want anyone or anything to take away or diminish those precious truths. I've drawn closer to him in ways I didn't know where possible. It has been a privilege to wear his name over my heart and testify about him every day, I'm so grateful for my mission to teach me how to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ.
I love the Japanese people. I love my mission. I love my Savior.
Thank you for all the support and love, I love you!
Love, Christensen 姉妹
Turner姉妹, and our new sweaters
My favorite little boy, Ryuugi
I made my first Christmas cake!
I made Sushi!
Miyu ちゃん, Haruちゃん、Mikaさん
My last and crazy week
Aoyama 姉妹
Leilua 姉妹
Upchurch 姉妹
Macaspac 姉妹
Benson 姉妹, Ninomiya さん, Turner 姉妹, Evanice, Me, Kanno 姉妹
A girl I gave a BOM to for Aunt Gina
英会話 English Class
Tim my plant
Ninomiya San
Hayashi 姉妹
Making mochi
































































No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.