Monday, October 7, 2019

Week 64

Hello everyone,

Sorry last week was a little crazy and I couldn't send out an email, but we are back!

This week there were some changes with transfers! 
I am still in Kakogawa but I became a mom (trainer)! I picked up my cute bean on Thursday. Her name is Sister Benson, and she is actually is from St. George! We both kinda knew we were going to be companions, I heard she was coming and she heard I was out here so I'm grateful that the Lord thought it was a good idea too. ;) She is so amazing though, and I'm learning so much from her! 


Things have been crazy with transfers but we've been able to talk to quite a few people and see some miracles!  The ward is so excited that we are here and wants to be more in involved with activities and strengthening some members, which has been amazing. We are meeting with one member to help him prepare for the temple and another family who has been struggling with coming to church. Even just through small acts lf kindness, they have had a desire to change! So cool. This week will be super busy we have a lot of traveling to do, but it will be fun! 

Something that I thought was cool from my studying this week was in 2 Nephi 4:15 and 1 Neohi 19:23. In both scriptures Nephi expresses his love, gratitude and purpose of the scriptures. He says, "For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children." I don't know about you but learning and profit sounds pretty cool, however, in Japanese I love what it says. 知識となるように (so that it can become knowledge). 


The scriptures can be more than just stories, some nice principles, or another thing that would be good to learn about. If we "liken the scriptures" into our lives, the things we read can become knowledge and truth! How cool is that? I can testify that through reading the scriptures I've come to know that Christ and God are real people, that they love me, and that the writings in the BOM are truly gifts from God. We hear it probably every week at church, but read the scriptures, I can't explain how it changes you, but I've witnessed that it does. It will make the things you learn about, knowledge! 

Love you all, have a great week. :) 














Trying Kimonos as a district!
(Foster 長老, Gibbons 長老, Truman 長老, Hernendez 長老, Me, Leilua 姉妹, Suapaia 姉妹, Berlowitz 姉妹



菅野姉妹 Kanno and 谷口姉妹 Taniguchi














This sign says Mountain and Mama so I took a pic for mom

Akashi-Kaikyo Bridge -longest suspension bridge in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.