Easter isn't exactly the most popular holiday in Japan, by that I mean no one really knows about it. But it gave us some great opportunities to testify of Jesus Christ and the power of his Atonement! I hope everyone had an opportunity to study and ponder about Christs Atonement and Resurrection! I highly recommend the Come Follow Me program or watch the Bible Videos, seriously so good.
I hit my halfway mark, whoot whoot. Or not whoot whoot, because I love my mission! I actually forgot about it but my companion kept wishing me happy birthday all day, and we went and got ice-cream and okonimiyaki (my two favorite things) so it was a good day. :) I really am so grateful to be here in Japan, sometimes it feels like a dream, and there are always hard things, but I could not imagine my life without my mission. It's the best thing I could ever do.
This week was a little slower, our friends were pretty busy and couldn't meet as much, but we still saw so many miracles. We have been able to build some good relationships with the ward, which has been super fun. I never realized how much members play a role in missionary work (hint to all you people at home). We have been sending miracles that we see throughout the week in our ward group chat, and it's cool to see everyone's faith grow when they see that the Lord is hastening his work in Japan!
Sorry not a ton of details for this week but I wanted to attach the lines from the hymn "I know my Redeemer Lives", it's my favorite hymn and it just shows the amazing influence Jesus Christ has in our lives! I know he lives and I'm so grateful that my purpose is to help others come closer to him!
Christensen 姉妹🌸
"I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to bless in time of need.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.
He lives, my kind, wise heav’nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
I know that my Redeemer lives!"
We found a field of flowers, had to take a pic
The sunglasses made a comeback because my eyes were being weird again
Celebrating my halfway mark
英会話 English Class Handouts with Susumu さん and Tamai さん
Ministering with Shino 姉妹
Shino兄弟 holding up the 1min until sacrament sign :)














No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.