Sunday, December 2, 2018

Week 20

Another week of miracles! Wow, missionary work is the best, I don't have a ton of time but I just wanted to share some really awesome experiences.

There was one night where my companion and I were confused about what we should do because an appointment was canceled. We both felt like we should go visit a less active, on the way there we found a street full of houses with Christmas lights which is super rare in Japan. So we got off our bikes to carol to them, because obviously, they liked Christmas, right?! Anyways we started caroling and then after a couple of houses, we started talking to these girls who were looking at the lights. They were all from the Philippines and were studying here in Japan, after a while of talking we showed them the Light the World video from last year. They loved it, afterward one of the girls was like. "wow I just got the warmest feeling watching that", (yep that's the spirit honey). haha, But it was so cool! When we told them about our church and how there was one close by they all were so excited because they apparently have been looking for a Christian Church for a while! We were able to get their contact info and they said they were coming to church next week, so yay! I know that it was the spirit that guided us to them and that they felt Heavenly Father and Christ's love for them while watching that video! It is seriously the most amazing thing, just sharing Christ's light to the people in Japan, especially during Christmas time!

Yesterday we had a lesson with one guy that I found on a Companion Exchange. We did the 30/30 program with him (30-minute English, 30-minute lesson). Anyways we started the lesson and we always start with a prayer, we asked him if he has ever prayed before and he told us that he has prayed before and started sharing all these experiences he has had with prayer! Turns out he has read the Bible in English (that is actually how he studies English) and he believes in God and prays. Now in Japan, this is a HUGE DEAL, most people have never even thought of God before, let alone have experiences with it. But we continued the lesson, which was mostly him telling us things he knew and we would answer his questions. He was absolutely mind blown with what we were telling him, the book of Mormon, Resurrection of Christ, where we go after we die, baptism, and everything really. He was just so anxious to hear our answers and couldn't believe we had more than what he thought was available. At the very end, he asked us why we are missionaries, and we told him because we also had these questions and because of Jesus Christ we have a purpose! And more happiness than we could ever imagine. I have never had such an urge to testify about the gospel before, it was amazing. He, of course, wanted us to meet with him again, and we are meeting with him this week!
The craziest part of this experience was I had no idea what he was saying really, he was an older man and had a thick accent, which is like the hardest combination to understand haha. BUT there were several times in the lesson where Isom Shimai and I knew exactly what to teach him. For example, I had the impression that we should show him Moroni 8, little did I know that he had a granddaughter who had died young without being baptized, and he had said that he wanted to know where she was. I may have not known what he was saying, but the spirit told me what he needed to know, it was the most amazing experience. 

Even though we may not understand everything in life or have perfect knowledge, we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is everything we will ever need! It was so cool knowing that I had the answers to this man's questions and that I could help him! I seriously feel so so so blessed for this Gospel! It has brought me so much joy, and as a missionary, I am able to witness how it is changing other people's lives too! 

That's all I have for today but I love you all! And I invite you to all find out how this Gospel can bless your life, I testify it is true!
愛しています. クリステンセン姉妹


Visiting Osaka Castle





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.