This week has been great. I can't believe I've already been here for a month. Time is weird here!
I feel like a lot happened this week, but I don't even know what to write about.
Last night we had our Tuesday night devotional, which is always good. The speaker was Patrick Kearon from the seventy. One of the things I liked, was when he said that the best motivator we could possibly have is love. Love for the people we are serving, love for our companion, love for this gospel, and most important love for our Savior and Heavenly Father. It really had me questioning if I have been the kindest and most loving person I could be. Not that I'm ever hateful, but I know we can always find more ways to love and serve the people around us. He also explained how we can always choose to be positive or happy, no matter what is going on in our lives. Which I totally believe in. Yes, the mission is hard, but there are so many amazing things about a mission as well. So why dwell on the things that only bring you down? The last thing I loved that he mentioned was, "to become the message you are sharing and to look like the message you are sharing." This gospel is so amazing and brings so much happiness, and I need to portray that as a missionary! When I'm in Japan trying to contact people, I want people to think, "why is this girl so happy to be here, why is she trying so hard to speak Japanese with me, what is this message she is so excited to tell me about?" Haha. Because sharing the gospel really is the coolest thing ever! Anyways, I know that we can feel happiness and joy through our Saviors Atonement, and I cannot wait to tell people that in Japan.
Language is slowly coming along, the new curriculum has been pretty awesome. The hardest part about Japanese is the grammar, everything is swapped but I'm getting used to it. Sometimes in the moment, I feel like I'm not progressing, but when I look back a month ago, it is cool to see the difference. I know that Heavenly Father is helping me out for sure, haha.
Well, that's about it. あいしってます!
クリステンセン姉妹





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.